No, it's not as glorious as receiving an Oscar, or a Grammy, but damnit, as a blogger, it's the next best thing!
Dave Wills, someone I have never met in person, but honestly believe that if we did, we would do nothing but laugh and make fun of everyone and everything.
On his blog, Mark My Words, he writes the entry "I Lost My Virginity Last Weekend, "KC Kelly at The Other 98¢. Great comedic, funny and interesting opinions and stories on life, people, news and everything in between."
So, thanks Dave for the award and for thinking of me. Glad you enjoy my blog, as I do yours.
The rules for this award process are simple.
1. Copy the image.
2. Post in my blog.
3. Award seven other bloggers who should receive the award.
4. Make a list of ten creative things about myself.
1. Book Blog O' The Irish. I nominate Kathleen Kelly, A) because she's my mom and B) because she has a very interesting blog, which keeps her very busy and gets a lot of traffic. Although her page and blog is in the process of changing, it is a book blog, primarily Irish and British books, but others as well. She includes Irish history, giveaways, and is an official book reviewer. Head on over and check it out! Love you Mom!
2. Children of the 90's. Self explanatory. Genius. Hilarious. Anything and everything about the 90's, from popular TV shows to board games, to food and drink fads. Best pop culture blog I have ever read. Thanks for being so creative and reminding me how thankful I am to be a child of the 90's (best decade EVER).
3. 1,000 Words. Awesome photography blog with the premise that a picture is worth a 1,000 words, but after looking through their photos and reading their blogs, their pictures are worth way more than that. Brilliant photographers.
3. Funny Word of The Day. This blog is creative and points out weird and funny words in the English language, of which there are many. She explains the word, the origins, and puts her own personal spin on the words. Clever and always interesting to read.
4. Grumpy Old Twat. This guy says anything and everything and knows no boundaries. I praise him for being offensive, swearing, and putting his thoughts out there. I am often like him, not afraid to speak my mind, but I usually get in trouble. So, I share your sentiment "if you are easily offended by me and my friends, I suggest you fuck the fuck off". LOVE that mantra and think more people need to follow it rather than tiptoe around everyone.
5. The Dirty Whore Handbook. This one can speak for itself. Hilarious rules to follow for all you ladies who want to be a DW...don't think it's easy, because it's not. It is an art you have to learn and practice.
6. The Rest is Still Unwritten. David doesn't consider himself a writer, but I highly disagree. Maybe he's not a novelist, or a poet, but he is a mighty fine blogger with a lot to say. His blog is clever, brilliant, and he is a very talented writer. Think you need to redo your bio, my friend. You are amazing.
7. 365 Days of People. Clever, funny, blog featuring 365 days of people. His blog says "I Watch. I Judge. I Write. Here is the Proof." He explores many types of people, from Asians to people who invade your space, and his writing is hilarious and often very, scarily, true.
Now that's done, here's the last part.
1. I am a pretty rad cook, if I do say so myself.
2. People think I'm judgmental, but I consider it simple honesty.
3. One day, I will be on the New York Times Best Seller List, even if it's posthumously.
4. I have a very eclectic taste in books and music. One day, it's a murder mystery by James Patterson while listening to Kings of Leon to reading Jodi Picoult, listening to Tori Amos, all the way to reading British literature listening to Gaelic Storm.
5. I'm obsessed with being Irish, and am damn proud of my roots.
6. I would love to do stand up comedy with my amazing, hilarious best friend Rae, but we live world's apart, (she lives in the North Pole and I live in South Florida) and I'm not sure anyone outside of family and friends would actually find us that funny, although we are pretty spectacular.
7. I am funny, despite what the previous entry says. I love to make people laugh.
8. I have both my nipples pierced. There. I said it. Now everyone knows. If I were to see you in person, I would probably show you too.
9. I wish Chelsea Handler was on my MyFaves, that Kris Allen would sing to me every night before bed, and someone would bring back tight rolled jeans already!