05 May 2010

Mum's The Word

**Previously published...changed web address of post**

When I discovered this website, my first reaction was, WTF?!?!?!  And then, I nearly menstruated with excitement about this magical website..  


Welcome to the Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health.   This is a website, poorly set up I might add, but educational and clever, dedicated to menstruation and women's health.  I was unaware menstruation needed a museum, but here we are. 

On this website, you can find articles titled "The Beauty of Artificial Virginity", and "Solving The Period Problem: Researchers Develop Sanitary Pads From Local, Organic Materials", which are both great and educating reads.

Perhaps one of the best parts of this website is the Tampon Directory, where you can learn the history and brands of tampons and their early uses.

What really is the icing on the cake, or the string in the tampon if you will, are the various words and phrases used to describe menstruation.  After researching at length on this website, I have compiled a list of my favorites.  If you are a woman, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did, as they are now added to my already impressive and extensive vocabulary.

Top 20 Words/Phrases To Describe Menstruation
1. "A Little Ketchup With My Steak"
2. "A Snatch Box Decorated With Red Roses"
3. "Attracting The Lesbian Vampires"
4. "Black Towel Time"
5. "B.L.A.S.P." (Bleeding Like A Stuffed Pig)
6. "Blow-Job Season"
7. "Code Red"
8. "Congratulations! It's An Egg!"
9. "Double Barrel Technique"
10. "Dracula's Tea Bag"
11. "Get The Crime Scene Tape"
12. "I'm Not Pregnant"
13. "Lady In The Red Dress"
14. "Losing My Lining"
15. "Not Tonight Dear; Miss Scarlett's Coming Home To Tara"
16. "Pad Straddling"
17. "Riding The Cotton Pony"
18. "Rusty Beaver"
19. "Shark Week"
20. "Your Vagina Is Emo! It's So Desperate For Attention, It's Bleeding!"

0 comments:

 
Made by Lena