18 September 2009

Sunday Funday

I'm always looking for things to do on the weekends.  Farmer's markets, going to a bookstore, heading to the beach with a good novel, or seeing a matinee.  There's always tons of stuff to do here in sunny South Florida, but around the world, there are so many other fun activities in which to participate.

In a recent search to find out what other people around the world like to do on the weekends, I was blown away by the amazing weekend activities I discovered!


In Australia, who wouldn't want to strap on a mattress with 79 other people and create the world's Largest Human Mattress Dominos for the Guinness Book of World Records? These Aussie's had a Sunday Funday doing just that in August 2009.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to Orlando in June or I would have participated in the Most People Walking on Stilts in Multiple Venues, which also took place around the world in cities like Las Vegas, Moscow, and Montreal.

If I lived in England, I know I would have participated in this year's Largest Gathering of People Wearing Underpants.  Unfortunately, I don't live in England, nor do I wear underwear.

I think it's time to start traveling to far away locations like Thailand so I can eat at the Cabbages and Condoms restaurant, or to the Czech Republic for a The Great Whipped Cream Battle, or even travel to Austin, Texas once a year to celebrate Eeyore's Birthday.


Seriously though, I am considering moving to Japan so I can visit the Hakone Kowakien Yunessun Wine Spa on a weekly basis.  Sure, Florida is fun, and going to all these other places and engaging in these awesome activities might be fantastic, but nothing says fun like sharing a spa with a bunch of Asians.

0 comments:

 
Made by Lena